At Whispering Creek, Golfers Come for the Conditioning and Views and Stay for the Friendly Atmosphere and Busy Social Life.
Since 2001 Whispering Creek has been known for it's lush, generous fairways and prairie like views. What most people don't see from the greens is the fantastic social atmosphere that has been created over the years. Whether you are waiting in the lounge for a few buddies or having an after round cocktail in the Pub. You will find our amenities and service second to none. Whispering Creek offers many member events, competitive pricing on our banquet room rental, two bars, a full service locker room with shower, a fully stocked golf shop, and much more.
“The golf course is right in front of you.”
Joe Palmer - West Des Moines
To book a tee time, ask about membership, or ask about an event (golf or non-golf), click here right now.
A modern course, Whispering Creek has the latest turfgrasses and drainage technologies to ensure that you can never blame a bad score on the conditioning! But Whispering Creek is much more than good lies in the fairway and putts that roll smoothly.
- A wide open look and feel typical of the “prairie topography” of the area with wonderful views for a “get away from it all” experience.
- Generous fairways and landing areas so that you can hit your driver all day.
- A course that can challenge the serious “player” from the back tees.
- A course that's fun for the “average” golfer from the middle tees.
- Natural areas for added beauty.
- A busy social life with at least two member events every month, in-season and out-of-season (ask about “winter golf” in the barn).
- A friendly atmosphere where golf is revered and enjoyed by all.
One of Iowa's Top Golf Facilities
In just a few short years, Whispering Creek has become a source of enjoyment and fun for many different groups.
- To the Iowa Golf Association, Whispering Creek was the 2007 Golf Course of the Year. It was the first time in about three decades that a golf course in the western part of the state had won this prestigious award.
- In 2006, to the state's best golfers, Whispering Creek was a serious challenge when it hosted the state amateur. Playing from the tips, only a handful of the state's best players broke par.
- To daily-fee golfers who drive as far as 40 miles to play the course, Whispering Creek is a beautiful test that's in routinely excellent condition.
- To its members, Whispering Creek is a social hub, and, at just $1500 for annual family membership, one of the top golf values in the United States.
- To the couples who play in the Couples Evening on Friday nights, Whispering Creek is a chance to spend quality time with each other while the children play in a supervised environment or take a junior clinic.
- To the person who wants to practice a lot, Whispering Creek is practice Nirvana, with one of the top short game/long game all-grass facilities in Iowa.
- To the junior golfer, Whispering Creek is a place to learn the game under the tutelage and mentorship of professional instructors.
- To the party organizer or outings planner, Whispering Creek is the perfect location for golf, an outing, a tournament, party, or reception.
- To the golfer who simply wants to unwind after the round among friends, Pooch's Pub is the spot.
- To the individual or family looking for a house in a golf course community, Whispering Creek is home.
What is Whispering Creek going to be for you, your group, and your family? There's only one way to find out. Call us at (712) 276-3678; click here, or simply stop by. We're conveniently located in Sioux City, Iowa.
Click here to receive regular updates and specials. You might win a month of free golf or a YEAR of free golf at Whispering Creek.